Valerius-BlackthorneValerius-Blackthorne

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 9 Fans

Strange New Worlds Strange New Worlds

Absolutely spot on! I love how you take a James Horner aspect to the piece. I'm surprised this isn't rated higher. It truly sounds as if it were taken straight from an episode or film of Star Trek. I hardly ever post except for things I find exceptional. Well done!!! What program are you using if I may ask?

CFox responds:

Thanks! I sequence it all in Logic, for the version you heard I used Vienna Symphonic Orchestra... however, I've just uploaded a revised version that adds CineBrass... I think it adds quite a bit!

Elfire - Elfire Elfire - Elfire

This Gave Me Chills

I can always tell good music when I get chills from it. This song is so electric that words can't do it justice. I truly great piece of work!

THE HIDEN REEF THE HIDEN REEF

Randomization Can Be Bad Sometimes

Don't ya just love it when you don't spell the title of your song correctly? Now if it becomes famous it'll always be referred to as The Hiden Reef vs The Hidden Reef. I must say I was disappointed as I expected a song about a reef in Germany. Jokes aside, I don't appreciate chaos in randomization very much. I like structure as most peeps do. You'll get better responses if you put more structure to your songs. Use less repetition and randomness. It seems sometimes like you have no sense of timing and that you're making the score of your composition on accident just fooling around. You have great clarity though! Keep working! You can only get better.

Island of Fear - Part 6 Island of Fear - Part 6

Jerry Bruckheimer Called...

Just a quick line to tell you your composition is impressive. It reminds me of a "Rock"-like movie theme. Well done.

Where you wanna Where you wanna

Freakin' Awesome!!!

I absolutely love this piece! Very nice! I actually got butterflies in my stomach as the beginning of this piece played out. Very rare for me. The high pitched instrument you chose to use midway through really distracted me from the piece. I wish I could hear it without that one instrument. But hell, it's one great piece of work. Nice job!

Pokemon| Livin' in Pallet town Pokemon| Livin' in Pallet town

Not Sure

The music almost has an ominous sound like a boss battle or something. It's choppy. It's not bad...just not quite good. I'm not very familiar with your style or how you create your composition so I don't want to belittle your work by making trite of it. It just didn't grab me. Keep makin' music.

Walk The Orient Walk The Orient

Pretty Good

Could have picked up a little sooner. It's not bad...just a little cliche to me.

bladen-stryph responds:

Thanks for the review. I'll try to "pick up" sooner in later tracks.

Blue Hope Blue Hope

This was Fantastic!

Being a fellow composer, it takes a lot to make me stop and pause and this piece did just that. It's just what it says. Ambient. A very peaceful melody and I loved the touch of flute in there. The piano sounds great and frankly, so does the entire piece. I'd love to hear a complete work of this. Great job!!!

Desperate Hope Desperate Hope

You're Clairvoyant

Yes, it was annoying, but the fact that you identified it as such made it fun. I felt like I was facing a boss in Golden Axe. I could hear this in a game. Nice one.

DJRunaway responds:

Thanks :P :) I like to make songs out of desperate boredom...Like this one!

Cant decide [FIXED] Cant decide [FIXED]

It All Depends

Don't you hate people who download your stuff and don't review it. Freakin' leeches! Anyway, I like the actual beat and melody of the piece, it just had that dated sound. Now if you're going for an old computer game style of sound, then you've succeeded. It could certainly be used on a flash app or on a British Television sci fi program. I'm just not into the whole retro sound to a certain degree as I feel the song can make or break whatever it's presented in. Nice note placement though.

johnfn responds:

Indeed I do, it was bugging me as you can see, just check the end of each description :-P. As you mentioned in your other review, a dated sound, I've never heard of something like that before. Hmm... I'll have to do something about that. Thanks for the review.